Excerpt from A Fiction in My Book Beautiful Relationships

 

Excerpt from the fiction 'Naughty Sister'

Isha had just returned from school and was getting freshened up. As she came to the dining room, her Mom said, “Listen, my dear; do you know who is coming here to stay after fifteen days?”

“I don’t want anyone to come to our home and stay here, Mom; who’s coming, by the way?” Isha said while picking and chewing pieces of a cut apple in a dish.

“Why are you saying this? Dhruv is your elder brother, and this is his home as well,” said her Mom.

“What? Is Dhruv Bhaiya coming! No, please! I‘m not going to stay with that nuisance. Mom, please shift me somewhere else as long as he is here. I don’t want to go through all the torture in his company again,” said Isha.

“Don’t overreact, baby. He is your elder brother, not your enemy,” said her Mom.

“Elder brother? He used to pull my hair, snatch my toys, hit me in the back and run away; all this happened when he was seven years older than me. Even an enemy would be better than this,” Isha said.

“Did he only trouble you? Have you forgotten that he used to tell you stories in your childhood and . . .”

Before her Mom could complete the sentence, Isha interrupted, “and yes, he also used to call me insulting nicknames like the swollen sparrow and baby panda.”

“Look, Isha, your brother, is no ordinary boy. He is studying engineering in the USA. People do engineering here and go to USA to do Master’s, but getting admission for engineering in a top class college there is a great achievement by itself,” said her Mom.

“I’m not arguing about his intelligence, Mom. I agree; he is a genius. I’m talking about his nasty behaviour with me,” Isha said.

 
“See, after spending two years in a foreign country and undergoing a rigorous hostel life, he would have changed a lot. Don’t worry,” said her Mom.

Days passed, and the day of Dhruv’s arrival was approaching. He was returning home after two years and for the first time ever after getting admission to Engineering in a college in the USA. He couldn’t come home during vacation after completing the first year as he had gotten unwell at the same time, and the doctor had warned him against undertaking long-distance travel. So, instead of him coming home, his Dad had to travel to the USA to look after him and take him to his uncle in New York, where he spent his vacation after the first year.

The day of Dhruv’s coming home arrived. His flight was to land at the airport late in the night, so Isha and her Mom went to sleep while Isha’s Dad drove to the airport to fetch his son. It took two-hours-wait for him to see his son’s face, after which a spontaneous smile spread on his face. By the time the father and son duo reached home, it was almost three o’clock at night.

                                                                                *

The next morning Isha came running out of her bedroom and started complaining to her Mom, “Mom, an unknown stranger has trespassed into my bedroom. He has grown hair all over his body, face and under his arms and is snoring like a bull.”

“Mischievous girl, when you observed hair all over his body, did you not observe he is your elder brother?” said Isha’s Mom.

“Oh! No sooner did your son arrive home than I got downgraded from ‘My dear’ to a ‘mischievous girl,’ didn’t I?” Isha said.

“Stop whining now and get ready. You’ve got to go to school, and when Dhruv gets up, he too will need to use the bathroom,” said Isha’s Mom.


THE ABOVE EXCERPT HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM THE FICTION NAMED 'NAUGHTY SISTER' FROM MY FICTION BOOK 'BEAUTIFUL RELATIONSHIPS'.

Links to buy the book:

Comments